De: firebird-support@yahoogroups.com <firebird-support@yahoogroups.com> em nome
de Mark Rotteveel m...@lawinegevaar.nl [firebird-support]
<firebird-support@yahoogroups.com>
Enviado: sábado, 28 de dezembro de 2019 07:02
Para: firebird-support@yahoogroups.com <firebird-support@yahoogroups.com>
Assunto: Re: [firebird-support] Database/Table Corruption

On 27/12/2019 20:49, Hugo Eyng hugoe...@msn.com [firebird-support] wrote:
> FB 2.5.7
> Windows 10 64 bits
> Page size 4096

I'd suggest upgrading to 2.5.9 and see if that fixes the problem. Both
in 2.5.8 and 2.5.9, bugs with gbak were fixed. Those bug fixes don't
match the description of this problem, but it never hurts to try with a
newer version.

> I am facing some dificulties to backup and restore a corrupted DB.  I
> searched the Internet to find some help and tried everthing I read.
>
> I already tried "gfix -full - mend" and did not work.

It should be -mend, not - mend. However, did you read all the caveats
about using -mend in the gfix documentation[1] as it can cause loss of data?

However, did gfix output any information about problems?

Preferably start with gfix -validate -full -no_update
then move to gfix -validate -full
and only use gfix -mend as a last resort (and make a copy of the
database before running it!).

[1]:
https://firebirdsql.org/file/documentation/reference_manuals/user_manuals/html/gfix-dbverify.html

--