 From: Jeff Singer <jsin...@i1.net>
To: 'Ken Alexander' <k.alexan...@rogers.com>; flexradio@flex-radio.biz
Sent: Sunday, February 19, 2012 11:41:48 AM
Subject: RE: [Flexradio] The new 472-479 kHz band - REAL DX

Ken, I was likewise surprised by your statement about successfully using the
Flex-1500 to receive 600 meter ham beacons.  I’ve read Flex discussion boards
for several years. To the very limited degree that users comment on the lowfer
receive performance of Flex radios, posts have always suggested the 3000 and
5000 are worthless below the BCB (and perhaps not great even on the AM BCB).  I
wonder what’s so different about the 1500 in that regard.

I agree with KB6QXM that the upcoming allocation should once again “Spark” [his
term] ham interest in lowfer radio so we “Don’t Sell Longwave Short.”

Jeff
K0OD