All,

We recently installed my Dad's 6500 in my rack.  He's able to remote in
fine using openvpn bridging.  After fixing packet de-fragmentation
timeouts (good job, Windows.  :-/), we're now working on remotely
turning the radio on and off.

I have an RPC that can control the AC to the power supply, but that seems
a little harsh.

So, I have an embedded Linux board (Openblocks A6) that sports 8 gpios
on an external IDC header.  I can control the gpios from userspace,
which means I can give my Dad a simple ssh script to run to turn the
radio on and off.  My problem is:

echo 28 >/sys/class/gpio/enable
echo low >/sys/class/gpio/gpio28/direction

*magic happens*

Flex remote ON toggled.

I've looked all over, and it's not clear in the docs.  Does the remote
on RCA connector need the pin shorted to ground (I need to sink
current)?  Or, does it need the RCA pin dropped to 0v wrt the RCA
ground?

If it's the former, I need to build a circuit.  If the latter, I
*should* be able to wire the GPIO up to the RCA pin.

Do I need to build a circuit?

thx,

Jason.