Jason:

You are pulling a line to ground, which is a 2.7K resistor to internal
+3.3V.

So, if your GPIO line can pull 1.2 mA to ground and keep it a logic 'low'
then the GPIO line should work directly.

Make sure your ground systems are tied together.
Make sure you understand what the system will do if you have power on the
radio, and no power on the Linux board. (It might turn the radio on.)

--- Graham

==