J.Pietschmann wrote:

Well, the functionality can be nearly emulated with standard
XSLFO, even though it is somewhat messy, and perhaps some unwanted
space appears.
How? Karen is about table header/footer, not static content.

A more generalized functionality would be FO which are conditionally
rendered before/after page breaks in the FO which they are attached
to:
  <fo:block>
    <fox:before-page-break>
       <fo:block>Continued on next page<fo:block>
    </fox:before-page-break>
    <fox:after-page-break>
       <fo:block>Continued from previouss page<fo:block>
    </fox:after-page-break>
    bla bla bla...
I'd like to encapsulate both cases under one root, to keep things together, e.g.:
<fox:break-label>
<fox:before-page-break>
<fo:block>Continued on next page<fo:block>
</fox:before-page-break>
<fox:after-page-break>
<fo:block>Continued from previouss page<fo:block>
</fox:after-page-break>
</fox:break-label>

And that's allowed only in table header/footer content, right?

Because there is now an EXSLFO initiative, I think we should supply
a draft spec there and wait for some consensus before making comminments
to the FOP code base (unless asked for proof-of-concept or something).
I'll take care if writing the spec and submitting it, right after
I've cleaned the backlog.
Yes, please.

--
Oleg Tkachenko