Jeremias,

I am wrong here.  This phrase in 5.3.2:

"If the corresponding absolute "margin" property is
specified on the formatting object..."

Clearly means that margin *is* a CP, and hence is a CP
with start-indent/end-indent as appropriate.  Forget
that argument--never mind, and I'm sorry that you had
to waste time explaining this to me.

I may have more questions on your logic though, as I'm
studying your original response to Luca.  But
thankfully we're in agreement on this point.

Thanks,
Glen

http://nagoya.apache.org/eyebrowse/[EMAIL PROTECTED]&msgId=2078791