From: Bob Leif,
It seems that the Java underlying FOP is a source of a significant
number of problems. I would suggest that the developers switch to a much
more reliable and efficient object oriented technology, Ada. Since Ada
is an ISO standard and has an extensive validation suite, it is much
more portable than Java. The GNAT (GNU) Ada compiler can produce both J
codes and fully compiled executables.