Change your file extension from *.tar.tar to *.tar.gz and try a gain.

George

-----Original Message-----
From: David Hill [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, June 26, 2003 1:52 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Newbie tarred and feathered

I realize this is hardly a FOP problem, but opening the gift-wrapping has
this newbie
stymied. I found the following message and reply in the archive, which
describes my
problem exactly, but no particular solution is offered.  Can someone
enlighten me?

Problem: I downloaded the latest FOP binary download
(fop-0.20.5rc3a-bin.tar.tar) from the
distribution site http://xml.apache.org/fop/download.htm. I dunno what a tar
file is, but
WinZip seems to think it can handle it, so I gather its a compressed
distribution format.
Winzip returns the error message "Error reading header after processing 0
entries".  Same
result with Winzip current 8.5 release and also their beta 9.0.

So how does one untar a tar?  Is there a preferred tool?  Or is the file
damaged?

David Hill, Camberley Systems, Needham MA

Reply by > J.Pietschmann