Dennis,

On Feb 8, 2005, at 7:54 AM, Dennis Myrén wrote:
I should say a few words as well.

I work as a computer programmer for a small software firm.

We have thought for a long time that it is time to give something back to FOP,
in form of development contribution.
I have been programming PDF components for a long time and know the PDF file format, as well as XSL-FO.
Therefore, i think i might be able to help out.
However, we havent really taken the time for that. Now i think we can do that, so i hereby also let you know that i am interested in starting to contribute.

Thanks for the kind words, and we look forward to receiving PATCHes from you. Here's a link to help you get started.

http://xml.apache.org/fop/dev/#patches

3 examples of documents that we have generated(targeting mass printing for broschure production) you can find here:
http://dev.oslokb.no:8080/dennis/Sample1.pdf

http://dev.oslokb.no:8080/dennis/Sample2.pdf

http://dev.oslokb.no:8080/dennis/Sample3.pdf

BTW I have a couple of questions:
- if we like what we see (I get an error--see below), can we post this example PDF?
- if we like what we see (I get an error--see below), can we post the input files (XSL-FO, XML, XSLT, etc.)?

Unfortunately, I get an error when I try to view those links:

<x-tad-smaller>HTTP Error 403.6 - Forbidden: IP address of the client has been rejected.
Internet Information Services (IIS)</x-tad-smaller>

Perhaps after you've participated in the FOP community for some time, and your name becomes familiar to us (and hopefully made some contributions to the code! :-p) you may be invited to become a committer for Apache FOP!

Cheers!

Web Maestro Clay
--
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> - <http://homepage.mac.com/webmaestro/>