J.Pietschmann wrote:

> > I do not get anny errors or warnings while running FOP, but I don't
> > think the font has a unicode table. The file generated by
> PFMReader contains:
> > [...]<encoding>UnknownEncoding</encoding>[...]. I tried to
> change this
> > to WinAnsiEncoding but the result is the same :(
>
> Dealing with PFM fonts is more tricky than with TTF. I defer
> to the experts.

I also will defer to the experts, but my recollection is that FOP 0.20.5
doesn't support any encodings but Adobe Standard and ISO Latin 1, neither of
which AFAICT handles the required Polish characters mentioned. Best way to
tell for sure is to open the output from PFMReader and see what it was able
to do.

The standard Type 1 files don't have anything resembling the Unicode tables
in TrueType fonts. I haven't delved into the multibyte Type 1 formats enough
to know how they are handled there, but FOP doesn't handle those formats
anyway. Best bet for FOP 0.20.5 is probably to use a TrueType font, but then
you have to live with the encoding limitations there (either WinAnsi or
underlying text is scrambled).

Victor Mote