The problem is that the PFB file defines an encoding that differs from
WinAnsiEncoding in several characters. FOP only supports Type1 fonts
which have an unchanged WinAnsiEncoding or Symbol encoding (if I
remember correctly).

In your PDF you see the "oacute" character which is in the
WinAnsiEncoding, but you don't see "nacute", for example, which the PFB
file maps to code point 241 which is "ntilde" in WinAnsiEncoding. The
real problem is that FOP currently doesn't contain a parser for PFB or
PFA files that could parse the character map. I don't know if Victor
Mote could use the font with his PFB parser in FOray.

Anyway, you're out of luck with this font in FOP and you will have to
find a TrueType equivalent of your font so you get proper Unicode
support.

On 08.02.2005 09:06:05 Jesiolowski, Dominik wrote:

> Hello!
> Thanks for your answer.

Jeremias Maerki