Hi,

On Mon, 19 Apr 2021, Sven Barth via fpc-pascal wrote:

>> Am 18.04.2021 um 23:29 schrieb Zamrony P. Juhara via fpc-pascal:
>>
>> I would like to propose to separate RTL release  from compiler release
>> so that RTL bug fixes and features can be released with shorter release
>> cycle. Is that possible?
>
> No, the RTL and the compiler are tightly coupled.
>
> What might be possible are further packages like the FCL and
> interfaceing units, but the core RTL itself definitely not.

I think the need comes from the fact that the release cycle for the
compiler is horribly long, which I tend to agree with. But I think this
comes from the fact that the release for Tier 1 platforms is still mostly
prepared manually. So if we want to improve on that, we need to improve
the automated packaging of relase-ready binaries at least for Windows,
Linux and MacOS, so Tier 1 systems. Linux is a no brainer, but I've no
clue about what would automating the packaging the Windows or macOS
installers involve.

Fix me?

Charlie