On 3/19/24 18:15, James Richters via fpc-pascal wrote:

I am trying to compile a program that uses PTCGraph for Windows 64 bit, and it’s not behaving the same as it does on Win32.

When I compile it for Win32, it is correctly detecting my monitor resolutionI have a vertical monitor with a resolution of 1080x2560

When I run the Win32 program I correctly get:

Max resolution:1080x2560

The 64bit version incorrectly produces:

Max resolution:2160x3840

I tried it on another computer with a 1280x1024 monitor and it correctly identifies it on both versions.

Below is the procedure that gets the monitor resolution.

I am using the current trunk of FPC installed today.

Does anyone have any idea why the 64bit version would work differently than the 32bit version?

James

No idea, but it does sound like a Windows issue to me. Or a video card driver issue? The API is the same. The mechanism for obtaining the list of resolutions is also the same. Perhaps Microsoft uses a fake DirectDraw shim in 64-bit Windows that presents a fake resolutions list, because they can? Perhaps it is an issue, related to the video card drivers? What are the video cards on the two machines that you have tested?

Nikolay

Uses

Windows,ptcgraph,ptccrt,crt,sysutils;

Procedure WindowsGRAPHINIT;

Var

gd,gm:smallint;

m: PModeInfo;

graphinitialize,MaxX,MaxY:Integer;

Begin

Windowtitle:='ptcgraph';

graphinitialize:=1234;

MaxX:=0;

MaxY:=0;

m := QueryAdapterInfo;

while m <> nil do

begin

If m^.MaxX+1>MaxX then

MaxX:=m^.MaxX+1;

If m^.MaxY+1>MaxY then

MaxY:=m^.MaxY+1;

m := m^.next;

end;

Writeln ('Max resolution:',MaxX,'x',MaxY);

gd:=VESA;

gm:=InstallUserMode(WindowXResolution,WindowYResolution,65536,1,10000,10000);

If gm<0 Then

Begin

Writeln('Error Installing Graphics ',gm,' ',grapherrormsg(gm));

Halt(70);

End;

PtcGraph.InitGraph(gd,gm,'');

… snip …