>>No idea, but it does sound like a Windows issue to me.
>>Or a video card driver issue?
>>The API is the same. The mechanism for obtaining the list of resolutions is
>>also the same.
>>Perhaps Microsoft uses a fake DirectDraw shim in 64-bit Windows that presents
>>a fake resolutions list, because they can?
>>Perhaps it is an issue, related to the video card drivers?
>>What are the video cards on the two machines that you have tested?

I added the following line in the while m loop
Write(m^.MaxX+1, 'x', m^.MaxY+1,' Mode ',m^.ModeNumber,'-', m^.MaxColor,'Colors
');
and with 64 bit on just the one machine with the 1080x2560 monitor, it lists
all modes, including 1080x2560 and goes all the way to 2160x3840... but it is
correctly only showing portrait resolutions.
On the 1280x1024 PC with the 64bit version, it goes up to all the modes that
have 1280x1024 and stops, because the monitor cannot display more than that.

when I compile it as Win32 it stops at the monitor resolution on both computers.

The computers are identical: Intel i3-4170 with motherboard intel graphics, no
separate video card.  They both have Windows 10 Pro.

I just stuck my own variables in there were I can just tell it the resolution
of the monitor, and if I put in 0x0 it does the original autodetect thing.
With me supplying the monitor resolution, everything is now working correctly.

James