On Sep 12, 2006, at 1:37 PM, Bart Silverstrim wrote:
Better to use something like:

        ipfw add 1 log tcp from any to me 25 setup

If Bart would like to use tcpdump for the same purpose, consider running something like:

        tcpdump -nt 'port 25 and (tcp[tcpflags] & tcp-syn != 0)'

Maybe my ipfw is old; it kept telling me that "log" is an invalid action. However, I think I may be able to get the tcpdump idea to work.

There's a kernel option you need to enable for IPFW to do logging. If you're kldload'ing the ipfw module, it probably wasn't compiled with IPFW_LOGGING or whatever the exact name is.

Anyway, tcpdump should be your friend.  :-)

--
-Chuck