From: "perikillo" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Monday, September 08, 2008 5:41 PM
To: "FreeBSD Mailing List" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject: Problems with portsdb -Uu on FreeBSD 6.3

 Hi people.

  Well I have time locking for a solution for this problem I have, I have
googling around and have not found a solution, I have 2 serves running
FreeBSD 6.1/6.2, normally I update my ports tree each day, but I already
stop doing that because I still cannot fix the problems with the commmand:

portsdb -Uu, each time I run that command on both servers I receive this
error:

Updating the ports index ... Generating INDEX.tmp - please wait.."Makefile",
line 56: Could not find bsd.port.options.mk
make: fatal errors encountered -- cannot continue
===> sysutils/apcupsd failed
*** Error code 1

CVSUP your tree to straighten it out. I noticed that portsnap will not fix damaged/missing files.