From: "perikillo" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Monday, September 08, 2008 7:25 PM
To: "FreeBSD Mailing List" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject: Re: Problems with portsdb -Uu on FreeBSD 6.3

http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en/books/handbook/portsnap.html

I supposes that "portsnap extract" have to run just once, latter u have to
just run  portsnap fetch && portsnap update?

 Sean, u say that I better mix cvsup + portsnap?

 This is normal? This would not broke my tree?

  Right now I already run cvsup and is running portsdb -Uu, I will let u
know what happend, thanks!!!

I've never fully trusted portsnap. I do run portsnap fetch before every portupgrade but I always follow it up with CVSUP and I usually find some more files that get changed anyway.