On Jan 3, 2010, at 2:10 PM, Matthew Seaman wrote:

> There's a .shar of the new port at:
>
>  http://www.infracaninophile.co.uk/sa-utils.shar
>
> Comments, critique are welcome.  Unless there are any killer bugs, I'll
> send-pr(1) in a week or so.

Thanks for doing that.  It looks great to me.  I just wonder about it being
enabled by default.  I don't know what official policy is (if such a thing
exists), but my experience with FreeBSD ports is that while they install
things, the user must still explicitly enable them.

So if might be a good idea to set the defaults to "NO" and include a
pkg-message that instructs people to add the enabling lines in
/etc/periodic.conf.local

I'm also wondering about the name of the port.  This really is only one utility.

Anyway, those are trivial concerns.  The substance of your port all looks very
good to me.

Cheers,

-j