On Fri, 5 Mar 2010, Anselm Strauss wrote:

is it possible to do a real preview with portupgrade? I want to see all
ports that would be installed/upgraded when installing a particular port.
The --noexecute option doesn't really show me a lot.

It shows what portupgrade would do, which is nothing if that port isn't already installed. If you're looking at installing a new port, portinstall may act differently.

But I prefer to just cd to the port directory and do 'make missing'. 'make fetch-list' will show the fetch commands.