Bas Smeelen wrote:
On 07/02/2010 01:28 PM, John Almberg wrote:
Christer Solskogen wrote:
On Fri, Jul 2, 2010 at 12:52 PM, John Almberg<jalmb...@identry.com>
wrote:

~ 510 $ ssh m...@my.example.com

Locked account, maybe?

I've tried several accounts and they all give the same result. There's
also the fact that FTP and Apache seem to be broken, as well.
It could be that your /var filesystem filled up
I'm on the console, now. Looks like a swapspace problem...

The first terminal is scrolling by the swapspace messages really fast (it kills
httpd, but then starts again).
I tried logging in on the 2nd and 3rd virtual console, but hangs after I type
root - never prompts for password.

Is there anything I can do besides rebooting?

On that subject... does Ctrl-Alt-Del initiate an orderly shutdown?

-- John