On Mon, 8 Nov 2010, Jerry wrote:

On Mon, 8 Nov 2010 17:08:23 -0500 (EST)
d...@safeport.com <d...@safeport.com> articulated:

When I slid froward from FreeBSD 7.2 and Xorg (whatever) to 8.0 and
xorg-7.4_4 I lost the ability to use the graphics card I had added to
my Dell PE300 built in the last century. I was told the ability to
have two cards in one box was lost due to int10 provided by
libpciaccess.

Is this still the case? The BIOS on the PE300 does not allow the
on-board card to 'disappear'. I can not find any information to
suggest things have changed.

Isn't there a jumper on the motherboard that can be used to disable
the on board card? Not all motherboards had one but it is worth a check
anyway, assuming you have not done so all ready.

I was not aware of the possibility - thanks