On Fri, 12 Nov 2010, d...@safeport.com wrote:

Thanks. The [latest] BIOS has one VGA option:

  Video DAC Snoop Controls how VGA and graphics devices on the PCI or AGP
  bus respond to palette register accesses.

   * On  - forces VGA and graphics devices to snoop VGA palette register
           accesses and forward them to the ISA bus.
   * Off - (the default) forces VGA and graphics devices to respond
           positively to palette register accesses.

Is there a "Init Graphics Card First" that can be set to AGP/PCI? That would let the preferred card be seen first. Still only one card. I don't know what's needed for multi-card xorg support on FreeBSD, but I suspect it won't happen soon.