Hello all.

I would like to hear your advice, if possible, based on experience about what Shopping cart other than OSCommerce consider as an excellent choice to be run under FreeBSD.

With a provider where I had a dedicated server, not running FreeBsd , the entire server was hacked and before leaving them, the tech support people said that the hacking was because of a problem with some libraries under PHP AND OSCOMMERCE. They never could prove that but I leave them since the entire server was hacked, not information stolen but ONLY that$ all web pages (.html, .php) pages where changed, all under different domains and account jailed (?) using CPANEL. Anyway. I am not sure how sensible is OSCCOmmerce to that since I know it is very popular but I would like to test something else.

I know there are tons of options but would like to hear your comments about what are you using and what do you recommend me to try that have proved that runs fine under Freebsd.

The idea is to have 4 domains running the same software (could be multiple instances) under different DOMAINS: If possible that would be multilangua or at least that support English and Spanish, free and it does not matter if uses PHP or something else. SOmething important is that my test machine is an old one running Freebsd 7.3, 2 processors 386 with 1 GB of RAM, once I have running all without problems will move to a newer one that will run Freebsd 8.1.

Thanks in advance.

Jorge Biquez