On Dec 8, 2010, at 5:37 AM, Da Rock wrote:
> Thanks for the heads up. What language do you recommend then based on these
> security reports?

Well, I've been implementing online stores and content-management/publishing
systems written in Java and Objective-C for quite a while, so I'm biased
towards those.  If I were starting over from scratch today, Ruby or Python
would probably enter into the picture for consideration.  (Of course, Python
threading runs into the GIL issue limiting true concurrency, and the only Ruby
implementation around which does better is JRuby, which is Ruby implemented on
top of Java.)

You don't magically get immunity from SQL injection by using JDBC or EOF or
whatever, but using bound variables in queries rather than feeding user input
into raw SQL, or invoking stored procedures or user-defined functions instead
will mitigate one of the more common security problems.

Regards,
--
-Chuck