In the last episode (Aug 22), david coder said:
> thx, i hadn't seen the reply to my earlier message.
>
> unfortunately, though i've got the png port installed w/
>
>       OPTIONS=        APNG "Animated PNG support" On

This line just tells you what the default is on a system that hasn't built
the png port yet.  Before 2011-07-08, the default was Off.

> the install of freebsd fails w/ the error message given below.

What does "make showconfig" in the ports/graphics/png directory print?  I
bet you first installed the png port over a year ago, so you have inherited
the Off value from then.

--
        Dan Nelson
        dnel...@allantgroup.com