Greetings Someth,

With FreeBSD you are free use as you see fit. Think of the BSD license in terms
of 'Free' beer and not the freedom to look under the hood like some other mock
free licenses. If this were not the case then Apple would not have been able to
derive Mac OS X from FreeBSD and close the source of their product.

The nature of the various FreeBSD licenses allow for you to do this with the
exception of some newer versions of the license the include an anti relicensing
clause which essentially prohibits you from taking a BSD licensed code based
and relicensing it under one of the GPL versions. At this point those sorts of
addendum's are rare but definitely becoming more popular.

Ultimately there is not requirement that you give back to the BSD community in
the form of your code additions however you are strongly encourage to do so,
the choice is yours.

Finally I would recommend consulting an IP attorney for a review of the current
license just to ensure that everything is still as it was explained to me a
long time ago by mine.

Regards,
Mikel