On 15/08/2013 19:13, aurfalien wrote:
Hi all,

Is there a faster way to copy files over NFS?

Currently breaking up a simple rsync over 7 or so scripts which copies 22 dirs
having ~500,000 dirs or files each.

I'm reading all this with interest. The first thing I'd have tried would be tar (and probably netcat) but I'm a probably bit of a dinosaur. (If someone wants to buy me some really big drives I promise I'll update). If it's really NFS or nothing I guess you couldn't open a socket anyway.

I'd be interested to know whether tar is still worth using in this world of volume managers and SMP.