Hi,

Am 16.08.2013 13:58, schrieb Polytropon:
I have tested a Lenovo R61i running Xfce, and I don't experience the strange behaviour desribed. However, using the "xev" event tester, the keycode for the Fn key is being displayed as 227, and the KeyPress event is held (!) until the key is released, which means KeyPress and KeyRelease happen immediately after each other. Because my IBM T60p is still in the ICU, I can't test this, but I would assume to get a similar result.

thanks, I just used xev (with X and only TWM). It reports the Fn key as keycode 150. Looks like this is different across the Thinkpad models.

It would also be nice if "as much as possible" would work on the older models (including the "docking stations"), because Thinkpads seem to live much longer (and therefore will probably many more years in productive use), compared to their crappy "competitors" on the laptop market. :-)
Agree :-)

Regards,
Matthias