Hi,

On Tue, Mar 14, 2023 at 3:54 PM Eric Auer <e.a...@jpberlin.de> wrote:

> > Hi Eric I have partition magic for dos this can create partition for
> > freedos?
>
> I guess it can, given that it is a partition editor :-)
>
> I do not know whether the DOS version can create LBA
> partitions or FAT32 partitions, so if this is an old
> DOS software, it may be better to use modern tools
> such as GPARTED for Linux or something similar for
> Windows or maybe even a tool shipping with FreeDOS?

Just FYI, there's also SPfdisk that may behave differently ("better"??):

* https://www.ibiblio.org/pub/micro/pc-stuff/freedos/files/dos/fdisk/spfdisk/

But I never used it much and don't remember the details. (I think it
had better access to SATA disks?? And at least a quick format
built-in. IIRC, sources were mostly in C.)