Jennifer replied offline and responded that she was installing FreeDOS 1.3
using the livecd.

I tried it for myself and I installed the full FreeDOS without sources to a
new virtual machine.  Until the wiki gets fixed look in C:\FREEDOS for the
mTCP configuration file.  The mTCP sample config file is in
C:\NET\MTCP\SAMPLES\SAMPLE.CFG.  Both files have the expected contents so I
don't know why yours are empty.

The only questionable thing I noticed was somebody converted the user
documentation to a 293KB text file.  That strips the formatting, diagrams
and screen shots that I have in the PDF.  Can we not do that in the
future?  Nobody is going to want to wade through a 293KB text file.

-Mike