When I try to compile the example given on the website after installing the
library like this:

$gcc example1.c -I/home/parth/anaconda3/include/freetype2 -lm -lfreetype
I get the following error

*:*
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lfreetype

I searched on the internet and also the mail archives but could not find a
solution. Please help.

Regards
Parth