>> Do you mean here?
>>
>> https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/freetype/freetype/-/tree/master/builds/unix
>
> Please start at README and README.git or here:
> https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/freetype/freetype/-/blob/master/docs/INSTALL.UNIX
>
> There is this peculiar autogen.sh to be run initially... Still
> fails? How?
>
> FreeType is successfully and routinely built on a wide variety of
> platforms even without autotools. Please describe your setup
> carefully before jumping to quick solutions.

Exactly.  Mohammad, you have neither named your shell, nor the
FreeType version you use, nor have you shown any output of the
failure.  And what do you mean with a 'faulty shell', mentioned in a
previous e-mail?  We need a log file output and such things!  Maybe
some non-`sh` features have crept into the top-level `configure`
script that can be easily fixed (though I'm not aware of any).

    Werner