On Mon, Sep 20, 2010 at 11:15 AM, Andrey G. Grozin
<a.g.gro...@inp.nsk.su> wrote:

> The idea here (in Novosibirsk) is to write a new TeXmacs plugin, without
> tm_axiom. FriCAS is free :-), and hence we can teach it to speak the TeXmacs
> interface directly. The first thing any interface needs is to recognize
> prompts.

A better thing for an interface will be not to require to recognize
prompts at all :)

It would be nice to have a general way/API to easily attach a new
TeXmacs plugin,
or an interface for Martin Baker graphing framework,
(http://www.euclideanspace.com/maths/standards/program/mycode/graph/progref/),
or any other interface. Of course this has been debated for a long
time in the Axiom
mailing list.

> As far as I remember, a new mechanism was introduced into FriCAS some time
> ago: markers. But it seems there is no documentation. Does anybody know how
> to use it? In particular, how to insert some markers before and after each
> prompt?
>
> After we do this, the next step will be the infamous problem of *two*
> prompts at the startup. Any interface will be confused by it. It would be
> much better to solve this problem where it appears, not to search for
> work-arounds. And it has been solved in OpenAxiom. Can FriCAS import this
> improvement from OpenAxiom somehow?

http://svn.open-axiom.org/viewvc/open-axiom/trunk/src/interp/int-top.boot?r1=1297&r2=1307

Waldek can probably comment on it.