Paul van der Vlis wrote:

>>> Hmm. Does gNewSense distances itself *completely* from Ubuntu?
>> Yes.
>
> Where?
>
> gNewSense is made from Ubuntu. I find it strange to distance yourself
> completely from something what you use and need.
>
> With regards,
> Paul van der Vlis.

Not official here, just a user:

The infrastructure of gNewSense is separate from Ubuntu; the two
projects don't necessarily have to share goals or resources.

The continued development of gNewSense was more or less reliant on
Ubuntu (and now Debian for future versions). But what would be the point
of duplicating efforts yet again, when an existing project can be used?

Andrew.