On Tue, Apr 27, 2010 at 08:58:24AM -0400, Honer, Lance wrote:
> > What's your choice:
> > Company A installs an anti-virus and updates it regularly (BTW
> regularly
> > includes once a year).
> > Company B has a recovery concept, incident response team,
> vulnerability
> > monitoring, patch management, NIDS, security training but no
> anti-virus.
>
> You do realize that PCI says everything you stated above needs to be
> done, right?

I never stated what needs to be done or what PCI might require :)
And I didn't ask to compare the two statements but just choose your priority:
A = Spend money on compliance but don't *think* about your threats
B = Think about security, reduce your risks and don't waste money on compliance

'nuff said