Le 12/11/2014 14:28, Marco Gaiarin a écrit :
Mandi! Guillaume Rousse
   In chel di` si favelave...

Anyway, i'm really frustrated: it is two month that i try to make SNMP
inventory work, without any success... :(((
Given the lack of documentation and the state of the code, I really
doubt anyone has been able to make it work without external help
either...

What?! You meant that the SMTP code in fi plugin/agent is
unstable/unmantained?
Beware of the fuzzy semantic here... This code is definitively unstable:look at the amount of change in the 2.3.x branch, including at least two major changes. And for exactly the same reason, it can no be considered as unmaintained.

I just meant I never found someone telling me he was able to make it work out-of-the box. Especially when this code relied on an external knowledge database (SNMP dictionnary and models), without any coverage/quality testing. This isn't the case anymore, but we still didn't updated the documentation.

For all those reasons, I'd rather qualify this feature as 'basically working, but barely usable without external help currently'.