Le 02/06/2015 10:10, David DURIEUX a écrit :
Not really understand that, UUID is unique, so not undertand how it's
possible to have same UUID on multiple VMs...
You're getting abused by your own-defined semantic...

The is nothing in our own specification (available at http://www.fusioninventory.org/documentation/dev/spec/protocol/inventory/) defining HARDWARE/UUID purpose, properties (such as unicity) or relationship with virtualisation at all.

We do however have a HARDWARE/VMID element for which the only specification is: "virtual machine ID on the hypervisor (VM only)"
Nothing prevent it from being duplicated from one hypervisor to another.

So I'd rather first define our expected semantic first, before asserting anyone practice if wrong, and here is my suggested definition: - HARDWARE/UUID should be physical host identifier, unique among all other physical hosts (and should eventually get renamed as PHYSICAL_HOST_ID) - HARDWARE/VMID should be virtual host identifier, unique among all other virtual hosts from the same hypervisor only (and should eventually get renamed as VIRTUAL_HOST_ID)

--
Guillaume