Hi,

On Wed, 2024-04-03 at 08:42 -0600, Jeff Law wrote:

> > Florian> Everyone still pushes their own patches, and there are no
> > Florian> technical countermeasures in place to ensure that the pushed
> > version is
> > Florian> the reviewed version.
> >
> > This is a problem for gdb as well.
> >
> > Probably we should switch to some kind of pull-request model, where
> > patches can only be landed via the UI, after sufficient review; and
> > where all generated files are regenerated by the robot before checkin.
> > (Or alternatively some CI runs and rejects patches where they don't
> > match.)
> I've very much prefer to move to a pull-request model.

Do you need any infrastructure updates to help (experiment) with that?
Now would be a great time to request some updates to patchwork or get
us to resurrect the gerrit server if that would be helpful.

We just published the Sourceware 2024 infrastructure plan:
https://inbox.sourceware.org/20240325095827.gi5...@gnu.wildebeest.org/
Setting priorities for the infrastructure for 2024 (and beyond). We are
just now scheduling and budgeting that work. So please get your
requests in.

Cheers,

Mark