Really excellent post! I love how you show that you don't have to give up after someone reverts your edit. You can actually fight for it if you believe it is correct (or bring in reinforcements).

Your post make me wonder if women are more indoctrinated by society to acquiesce when they are corrected by others, and thus are less likely to fight for their edits. If so, this is a big problem for Wikipedia since getting reverted on controversial or popular articles is pretty much par for the course. I've heard anecdotal stories from several women that they actually restrict there editing to obscure topics so that they don't have to deal with such conflicts. Thankfully, though, we have women like Carol Moore and SlimVirgin who take the opposite approach!

I also love how you pointed out the obvious gender biases at work in the Man article. As someone who has worked on both the Femininity and Patriarchy articles, I can vouch for the 1950s viewpoint that tends to dominate gender-related articles on Wikipedia.

Ryan Kaldari