On 10/26/2011 1:06 AM, Ryan Kaldari wrote:
> Earlier today, a long-standing editor was reported to AN/I for making
> personal attacks. The specific attacks were the following two posts:
> "You simply display your ignorance."
> "Please carry on, so everyone can see what an ignorant arse you are."
  Off email for a while and catching up.

One thing that worked really well in a situation where I was repeatedly
harassed by another editor was when someone else brought another ANI vs.
the person which I supported and an admin who go fed up with back and
forth among three of us threatened to invoke
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Interaction_ban#Interaction_ban
among us. I said - "Yes, go for it!!" since it would mean this person
could stop insulting and reverting me and getting away with it with her
wiley political methods.

The person immediately got disgusted and left the article for good!

This definitely is good for situations where one or more males are
harassing women in an article and perhaps should be invoked more often.
If applied in a neutral way it's not necessarily clear who is at fault,
I guess....

Of course, the other approach I sometimes fall back at is giving it back
to them as good as I get it - though as someone else put it with great
arguments, lots of quotes from policy and just enough very subtle
sarcasm that they know they are getting tromped on but can't go anywhere
to complain cause it's less obnoxious than whatever they wrote about me :-)

But these are all cruel and time wasting games and only those of us of
fighting Irish spirit and ornery astrological combinations can bare to
deal with them, and then only as spice, not as dinner!!!

CM