Beria,

It looks like we misunderstood each other pretty badly -- sorry if I didn't
express myself clearly. I'm genuinely interested in the kind of strategy
people on this list believe would improve gender-related issues. That
includes you.

Thanks for the reminder about the conference you're planning. I'm aware of
it, and am glad it's happening. My question (which was meant as an
invitation, not a challenge) is about your general thinking around the
conference. What is your theory about how to improve gender-related issues
in the Wikimedia world? (and how will things like this conference fit into
that thinking?) I'm not saying that I know the right theory (though I
suppose I have some ideas); when you reacted strongly against a specific
approach earlier in this thread, it made me wonder what your general
thinking is, and what kinds of tactics you *would* like to see. If you'd
like to share that, please consider this an invitation.

I'm not sure where the part about Wikimedia staff comes in. I'm not a WMF
employee, and haven't been for nearly a year; but even if I were, I don't
think it has anything to do with who gets to talk about what. As far as I'm
concerned, this list is not a WMF-specific space.

-Pete
[[User:Peteforsyth]] on English Wikipedia etc.