Is there a perception bias here?

There are many many fine art nudes of men in existence. And if you look at
the body of work for nude sculpture then many are male - Pope  Pius IX  was
so enraged by this he even went around sticking fig leaves over all the
cocks in the vatican*, an utter travesty in art.

If you wander around the Louvre you will see lots of nude men on display.

Modern advertising? Again perception bias I think - buy any girly mag (and
I've been subjected to many) and they are littered with pictures of
half-dressed blokes. Case in point; the famous image of Beckham in very
small undies.

One of my friends in advertising likes to say something along the lines of
"well one good thing you can say about this industry; at the very least we
are not sexists".

Nude people are popular pretty much in general :)

Tom

* ahem, that might be construed wrongly :S