Maybe, it is based on sexism, and maybe it isn't. I think it is fair to
point out alternative points of view on this mailing list and to have a
discussion about it.

I don't think it is helpful to assign gender based systemic bias every time
an edit is questioned on women related topic. Plenty of people have similar
frustration about notability tags being placed on their newly created
articles especially on niche topics.

It can be really frustrating to have a notability tag added, or even worse
when an article is put up for deletion. We need to make sure that women who
are making good faith edits on women related topics get the support that
they need to put up with the frustration.

Sydney

Sydney Poore
User:FloNight
Wikipedian in Residence