Hello,

I'm doing a project at the moment, and writing a paper, that proposes a
Wikipedia Gender Index - like the United Nations Gender Inequality Index.
Essentially it will show the proportion of represented (existing article in
the Wiki, not editors) Genders over time (both historical time, and as
Wikipedia evolves), by language edition, by occupation, and by ethnic
group.

I want to be sensitive to the many categories of non-male and non-female
genders that exist in Wikipedia. Another balance is make the Index
compatible with the other indexes so we can compare. Some of those other
indexes are M/F.  So the question is: it could be M/F/Other, M/F+Other
(Male/Non-male), M/F/All/the/other/categories. I don't say that any of
these are correct. I'm ask if you, or you know any researchers that has
studied these decisions and can advise.

Max Klein
‽ http://notconfusing.com/