Jim,

Sorry, I should have been clearer -- I didn't mean to take issue with the
original post (which raises a worthy point), merely to introduce another
dimension that I learned about only recently, which came as a surprise.
It's possible that the NY Times does a good job of maintaining a clear line
between editorial and paid content; but the Boston Globe, which is owned by
the NY Times, does not do that very well, and I suspect that is common of
"medium-large" papers.

Gender bias in obituaries is a worthy topic unto itself. Just wanted to
establish that not everything most people think of as an "obituary" is
actually an obituary.

Pete
[[User:Peteforsyth]]