i should not imagine a fear of paid notices, should prevent a systematic
inclusion of NYTimes obits, which are assumed notable.
especially with the reference generator doing all the formatting.

no one is doing this; the article mentions 25% female among these. i.e. we
don't include reliable sources even to the extent they present less of a
gap than we do.