From: Gendergap [mailto:gendergap-boun...@lists.wikimedia.org] On Behalf Of
Carol Moore dc
Sent: Tuesday, 25 April 2017 6:05 PM
To: Wikimedia Gender Gap email list
Subject: [Gendergap] "WikiTribune" and gender gap

Just found out about this. I wonder if they'll break down and hire at least 1/2
professional FEMALE journalists.

I hope that the most biased Wikipedia male trolls will not be among the
"community members".

New project for whatever Gender Gap projects in Wikimedia are most effective.
(Anyone want to do an analysis of those projects? I confess I'm way out of the
loop.)

http://www.cnbc.com/2017/04/25/wikipedias-jimmy-wales-founds-wikitribune-to-fight-fake-news.html
The homepage of the website states: "Articles are authored, fact-checked, and
verified by professional journalists and community members working side by side
as equals, and supported not primarily by advertisers, but by readers who care
about good journalism enough to become monthly supporters."