On 5/27/2017 3:24 AM, Peter Southwood wrote:
If that means "one or two", I agree with you. If it means "half", I would
prefer getting one that is completely professional :-)
Cheers,
Peter

If WikiTribune is hiring 3 editors, 1 or 2 would be good. Your inference that it is hard to find even one woman who is completely professional is questionable.

Since the foundation itself is hiring and is committed to more women, I'd like to think it should not reflect the male dominance and even sexism of current journalism hiring practices.

Now it is true a lot of women are discouraged from journalism even at the college level by hostility of male journalists and editors, not to mention the far higher number of nasty letters to the editors or readers emails to them. It's the sexism of the internet world.

But those women who make it through often are more professional than guys who fly through on the fact they're good old boys.

-----Original Message-----
From: Gendergap [mailto:gendergap-boun...@lists.wikimedia.org] On Behalf Of
Carol Moore dc
Sent: Tuesday, 25 April 2017 6:05 PM
To: Wikimedia Gender Gap email list
Subject: [Gendergap] "WikiTribune" and gender gap

Just found out about this. I wonder if they'll break down and hire at least 1/2
professional FEMALE journalists.

I hope that the most biased Wikipedia male trolls will not be among the "community
members".

New project for whatever Gender Gap projects in Wikimedia are most effective.
(Anyone want to do an analysis of those projects? I confess I'm way out of the
loop.)

http://www.cnbc.com/2017/04/25/wikipedias-jimmy-wales-founds-wikitribune-to-fight-fake-news.html
The homepage of the website states: "Articles are authored, fact-checked, and
verified by professional journalists and community members working side by side as
equals, and supported not primarily by advertisers, but by readers who care about good
journalism enough to become monthly supporters."