A recent article that may be of interest to members of this list:

Classification and Its Consequences for Online Harassment: Design Insights from
HeartMob

Online harassment is a pervasive and pernicious problem. Techniques like
natural language processing and machine learning are promising approaches for
identifying abusive language, but they fail to address structural power
imbalances perpetuated by automated labeling and classification. Similarly,
platform policies and reporting tools are designed for a seemingly homogenous
user base and do not account for individual experiences and systems of social
oppression. This paper describes the design and evaluation of HeartMob, a
platform built by and for people who are disproportionately affected by the
most severe forms of online harassment. We conducted interviews with 18
HeartMob users, both targets and supporters, about their harassment experiences
and their use of the site. We examine systems of classification enacted by
technical systems, platform policies, and users to demonstrate how 1) labeling
serves to validate (or invalidate) harassment experiences; 2) labeling
motivates bystanders to provide support; and 3) labeling content as harassment
is critical for surfacing community norms around appropriate user behavior. We
discuss these results through the lens of Bowker and Star’s classification
theories and describe implications for labeling and classifying online abuse.
Finally, informed by intersectional feminist theory, we argue that fully
addressing online harassment requires the ongoing integration of vulnerable
users’ needs into the design and moderation of online platforms.

http://www.lindsayblackwell.net/wp-content/uploads/2017/11/Classification-and-Its-Consequences-for-Online-Harassment-2017.pdf