(Read this message in other languages on Meta-wiki
<https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Leadership_Development_Working_Group/Call_for_feedback_on_the_draft_shared_leadership_definition#cite_note-msg_forum-4>:
‎ español • Русский • বাংলা • 한국어 • Português •  العربية •हिन्दी  •  עברית
• Ìgbò  • català• Yoruba)

TL;DR: The draft leadership definition[1] prepared by the Leadership
Development Working Group is ready for community feedback! Please share
your feedback on Meta[2], the feedback form[3] or the Movement Strategy
Forum[4]. You can also directly mail us at
leadershipworkinggr...@wikimedia.org. The feedback will be collected till
October 6, 2022.

Hello everyone!

I hope you are aware that the Leadership Development Working Group[5] has
been working over the past few months to formulate and find ways to nurture
the leadership of our movement. The Leadership Development Working Group
(LDWG) is a group of Wikimedia volunteers representing different
communities, languages, roles, and experiences. We are pleased to inform
the community that our draft definition of leadership is now available for
community feedback. This first draft definition of leadership was written
after months of discussion, learning, and sharing from our community
perspective. The Wikimedia Movement, which is by nature diverse and
distinctive in its own way, is expressly addressed by this definition.

Please consider going through the definition and letting us know what you
think by *October 6, 20**22.* The draft definition includes a general
definition of leadership and subcategories that elaborate on the actions,
qualities, and outcomes of good leadership.

There are many places where you can express your ideas, suggestions, and
comments, such as the meta talk page[2], the feedback form[3], and Movement
Strategy Forum Post[4]. You can also directly mail us at
leadershipworkinggr...@wikimedia.org.

You can check if the general definition, and the subcategories align with
your idea of leadership in the movement. You can also try finding the gaps,
maybe some qualities of a leader or anything else are missing in the draft
definition or you can check if the definition applies to all cultural,
linguistic, community or other contexts of the movement and share your
thoughts with us.

Together, let's celebrate the movement's diverse and distinctive
leadership!

Thank you.

[1] Link to the draft definition on meta
<https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Leadership_Development_Working_Group/Content>

[2] Link to meta talk page
<https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Talk:Leadership_Development_Working_Group>

[3] Link to the feedback form <https://forms.gle/o7a4FYV8ZkisJF3KA>

[4] Link to the Movement Strategy Forum post
<https://forum.movement-strategy.org/t/leadership-development-working-group/1404>

[5] Link to the meta page of LDWG
<https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Leadership_Development_Working_Group>

Cassie Casares